A Bit About Christ Church St Ives
If you are new to Christ Church, get in contact to find out more about connecting with Christ and his people here.
Who We Are
Under God, and for his glory, we want to build whole-hearted disciples of Christ so we can grow as a family of churches and reach further into the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Christ Church has been part of the St Ives community for over 100 years. As the suburb has grown and changed, so too has Christ Church.
Christ Church now consists of a richly interdependent church family with many ministries in St Ives, including:
- Three congregations which meet at Cowan Road in St Ives,
- a fourth St Ives congregation, Family Church, which meets at St Ives Park Public School.
All that we do is centred on the gospel of Jesus Christ, as we make the work of the gospel our priority amongst our church family, in our local area and overseas.
We aim to build whole-hearted disciples of Christ as we connect to Christ and his people; as we grow in Christ, transformed by God’s word, the sword of his Spirit, through dependent prayer; and, as we serve Christ and his people.
Whoever you are and wherever you are from, you are welcome and will find a place to belong at Christ Church.
What We Believe
Come along to Christianity Explored to find out more about who Jesus is and what the Christian faith is all about!
Christ Church St Ives is an Evangelical Anglican church that cooperates in fellowship with other churches in the Diocese of Sydney. Our historic and theological roots go back to the Protestant Reformation, most explicitly expressed in the Thirty-Nine Articles of the Church of England and the Book of Common Prayer.
We believe in:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of humanity since the fall, rendering men and women subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the Virgin Mary.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only though the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in individual sinners, granting them repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
At Christ Church we are united in our conviction that God became one of us in the person of Jesus Christ, who was crucified and rose again to bring us forgiveness and new life, and that He is now gathering people to spend eternity with Him.
This is the good news that we encourage each other to live out in our daily lives and which we seek to share with our neighbours, family and friends. In so doing, we aim to know God better and build the church of Christ while we eagerly await his return.