Christ Church St Ives is committed to keeping every person in our community safe from harm. In both policy and practice Christ Church Youth supports Safe Ministry. The following Safe Ministry Policy has been adopted by the Parish Council.
Christ Church St Ives is committed to the physical, emotional and spiritual welfare and safety of all people, particularly within its own community. To ensure the safety of children and vulnerable people in our communities, Christ Church St Ives, in conjunction with the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney and the Anglican Church of Australia, will –
- Carefully recruit and train its clergy and church workers,
- Adopt and encourage safe ministry practices by its clergy and church workers,
- Respond promptly to each concern raised about the behaviour of its clergy and church workers,
- Offer pastoral support to any person who has suffered abuse, and
- Provide supervision of and pastoral accountability (within the context of the ministries, locations and activities of the parish) to any person (who is a member of a congregation and) who is known to have abused a child or another vulnerable person.
Every children’s and youth leader, pastoral staff member, and parish council member has been trained in Safe Ministry. Every children’s leader, youth leader, and pastoral staff member has provided a verified working with children check number.
If you would like to see the specific policies relating to camps, transport, or any other relevant issue please contact us at email@example.com
If you have any concerns about Safe Ministry please contact either: